The digital download version of the Mindfulness Diet (including the powerful Mindful Eating Coach™ app) is FREE by optional donation. Details at bottom.
You could buy a mindful eating book for $15 or $20, or attend a mindful eating course for $100 … or $500. But you can download the most powerful, comprehensive mindful eating program on the market for whatever it’s worth to you. Details at bottom.
The Mindfulness Diet is an easy-to-understand, self-paced, customizable mindful eating program that goes to the root of troubles related to eating behaviors, dietary choices, and weight management concerns. Whatever the name for your concern – emotional eating, binge eating, stress eating, or food addiction – The Mindfulness Diet offers a solid foundation for discovering a liberated way of eating that is also personally appetizing and healthy for you.
There are no rules, recipes, or restrictions – mindful eating is not about deprivation. The Mindfulness Diet does not require you to make changes to what or how much you’re eating (though you may choose to do so at any time) – this will happen naturally as your mindfulness deepens. Instead, the Mindfulness Diet is an essential foundation from which you can finally discover and establish a healthy relationship to food, eating, exercise, weight management, and body image. A way that will gradually dissolve your struggles, and allow your unique body to thrive.
What You Will Learn
The Mindfulness Diet enables you to experience first-hand the power of mindful eating to progressively transform your relationship to food and your body. You will learn and experience…
- A Mindful Eating 101 guided exercise
- How mindful eating can be easily and effectively applied along with any formal diet, informal dietary approach, or personal way of eating
- Why (short of giving up) you can’t fail at mindfulness
- How mindful eating works on the deeper forces that may lead to binge eating, emotional eating, or other eating “act outs”
- A guided body awareness exercise
- Understanding the stress reduction effects of body awareness
- How mindful eating is intimately linked to healthier food choices, predisposition to exercise, and healthy weight management
- How mindful eating begins to resolve fundamental causes of binge eating, emotional eating, and stress eating
- Why stress leads to an unhealthy relationship to food, and how the stress reduction effects of mindfulness counter the problem
- How to quickly go from stress to tranquility with mindfulness
- Four brief mindful stress reduction exercises
- How mindful eating reconnects you with your body’s innate wisdom
- “The Body Speaks” guided exercise
- How mindful eating enhances your freedom of choice to not automatically act on food desires
- Why traditional dieting rarely works in the long run – a deeper mind/body perspective
- More on the truth within the origins of the word “diet”
- How mindful eating can support you in giving up the complex and stressful rules-based dieting game, and allow you to rediscover a natural and intuitive way of eating
- The 3 primary characteristics of mindful eating
- The critical distinction between hunger and appetite
- How mindful eating leads you towards alignment between the food your body needs and the food your mind desires
- “End Stress Eating” guided exercise
- The fundamental causes of lasting, transformative change
- How mindfulness counteracts your inner resistance to healthy change
- Why the “quick fix paradigm” rarely fixes anything
- How to enhance your mindfulness and reduce “emotional eating” by exploring the deeper desires underneath cravings and superficial wants
- Why the best self-discipline isn’t self-discipline
- Two attitudes that will enhance your chances for long-term success (with the Mindfulness Diet or any method)
- An intriguing method for neutralizing the “not enough time” excuse
- How mindfulness can begin to free you from states such as boredom, desire, or anxiety that may habitually and unconsciously cause you to act out with food, and a guided exercise on this topic
- How the quality and quantity of your thoughts is intimately linked to stress and eating behaviors
- The difference between thinking thoughts and being mindful of thoughts
- How mindfulness of thoughts brings you new freedom of choice around food
- Three techniques for being mindful of thoughts
- Guided exercise on mindfulness of thoughts
- How mindful eating can begin to free you from the limitations of black-and-white, rules-based thinking about food
- Understanding the relationship between your emotions and your eating behaviors (whether binge eating, emotional eating, or other issues)
- Why mindfulness of emotions is preferable to management of emotions
- Mindfulness of emotions guided exercise
- The 3 mental qualities that enhance mindfulness, and how to cultivate them
- The insidious force which can make mindful eating much more challenging (and how to overcome it)
- How lovingkindness and forgiveness can work to fill the void you may try to escape through emotional eating or binge eating
- Guided lovingkindness exercise
- Basic instructions for the “complete practice” of lovingkindness
- Instructions for cultivating forgiveness
- How mindfulness works to increase your motivation to exercise regularly
- Why mindfulness may be associated with improved exercise outcomes
- Mindful walking guided exercise
- 27 ways to be mindfully active
- Why media dieting may be more helpful than food dieting, and how mindfulness can help you
- A mindful self-reflective exercise to become aware of the effects of media on your body image, weight, and self-esteem
- Specific instructions for an optional “mindful media diet”
- Why the 2 typical responses to cravings and emotional eating tend to keep us stuck in those patterns, and the “third response” of mindfulness
- How to enjoy the food you crave in mindful moderation
- Guided exercise on mindfully overcoming food cravings
- Guided exercise on mindfully reducing emotional eating
- Exercise for becoming mindfully aware of past and present influences on your eating behaviors (awareness is the first step towards freedom)
- How to overcome lagging motivation
- The 3 essential supports for increasing mindfulness in your life and eating
- A list of additional helpful resources
- How to “live” the Mindfulness Diet
What Does The Mindfulness Diet Contain?
The Mindfulness Diet is available in an “original version” (8 audio CDs and workbook) or as a “digital download version” (MP3 and PDF files). The program contains multiple audio learning and practice modules with more than 20 guided exercises to gently lead you towards a mindful way of eating and being:
- Mindful Eating 101; Setting the Foundation via Bodily Awareness
- Intermediate Mindful Eating Skills; Stress Reduction through Mindful Breathing; Mindfulness for Overcoming Stress Eating
- Secrets of Practice and Change; Mindfully Overcoming Challenging States that Lead to Compulsive Eating; The Essential Power of Mindfulness of Thoughts
- The Fundamentals of Mindfulness of Emotions; Cultivating Lovingkindness and Forgiveness
- Discovering Mindful Freedom from Cravings; Cultivating Mindful Liberation from Emotional Eating; The Power of Mindful Exercise; Mindful Media Habits; Living the Mindfulness Diet
. . . PLUS six extensive guided audio exercises for further deepening your mindfulness
. . . PLUS a 90-page Workbook packed with additional information, tips, exercises, and inspiration, including:
- The two simple steps for practicing The Mindfulness Diet
- Four in-depth practice strategies
- Dozens of remedies for the most common mindfulness challenges
- The complete 30-point Mindfulness Diet assessment
- A basic introduction to the “psychology of mindfulness” – how does it work?
- Essential FAQs answered
- Many additional exercises
- A 20-year review of Mindfulness Diet-related research
- Glossary of essential Mindfulness Diet terms
. . . PLUS bonus audio tracks with additional instruction and exercises, including:
- How to calm mind and body with concentration; a guided concentration exercise
- Guided exercise for reducing chronic or acute physical pain with mindfulness
- Understanding the two kinds of stress (positive and negative), the primary and secondary causes of stress, and two healthy approaches to stress
. . . PLUS the Mindful Eating Coach™ app (for Windows/Mac). The most powerful mindful eating app available, allowing you to create customized, personalized mindful eating sessions for short snacks or longer meals. The Coach guides you (by voice) to eat mindfully and slowly, and regularly reminds you to check in with your hunger and satiety. It also helps you to remain mindful of your body, mind, and emotions, thus freeing yourself from their effect on your eating. The Coach is like having your own personal (human) mindful eating coach at your table … customize it for your needs … every session is different!
FREE BY DONATION Digital Download (MP3 and PDF files)
The Mindfulness Diet is a comprehensive mindful eating program that also serves as a comprehensive introduction to mindfulness meditation. Programs and live courses of this depth and breadth often cost $200 to $500 or more. But I am offering The Mindfulness Diet as a free digital download in the spirit of dana (generosity), which is an essential aspect of the tradition from which mindfulness comes.
In the dana tradition, as the receiver of the teachings, you also have an opportunity to practice generosity by donating any amount that feels right to you.
So you may download the program for free, but you may also choose to make a donation in the spirit of generosity before downloading. If you’re able to donate $100 or $50, or even just $25, I am deeply grateful – this will allow me to continue recouping extensive development costs and related expenses, and to continue offering the program for those at any income level.
I’m so sure you’ll be pleased with The Mindfulness Diet that I’ll give you a 100% refund of your donation if you’re not completely satisfied. To request a refund just contact me.
You can donate with a credit card or your bank account – see “Don’t have a Paypal account?” at bottom of Paypal screen. At the end of the Paypal donation process, you will see an orange button that says “Return to Fall Awake Publishing.” Click that button to download the program.
Read more about the author (that’s me) here.
The Mindfulness Diet and Mindful Eating Coach™ app were designed to be used on Windows and Mac laptops and desktops, not on tablets or smartphones. (That said, there are apps that will download Zip files to the iPad and other tablets.)
Or, download for free.
Hard Copy (Audio CDs and Workbook): $197 + shipping
Sorry, but the hard copy version, which looks like the picture at the top of this page, is currently sold out.