The Mindfulness Diet provides a comprehensive introduction to mindfulness meditation and mindful eating through an audio program, workbook, and app. Best of all, it’s free by donation (see below)!
The digital download version of the Mindfulness Diet (including the powerful Mindful Eating Coach™ app) is FREE by optional donation. Details at bottom.
You could buy a mindfulness meditation book for $15 or $20, or attend a mindfulness class for $100 … or $500. Now you can download the most powerful, comprehensive mindfulness meditation and mindful eating program on the market (originally $97!) for whatever it’s worth to you. Details at bottom.
The Mindfulness Diet is an easy-to-understand, self-paced, customizable mindfulness meditation and mindful eating program that provides a complete introduction to mindfulness meditation and mindful eating.
The program provides an essential foundation for learning mindfulness from which you can discover the stress and anxiety reduction benefits of mindfulness meditation, as well as learn how to create a healthier relationship to food, eating, exercise, weight management, and body image.
What You Will Learn
The Mindfulness Diet enables you to experience first-hand the power of mindfulness meditation and mindful eating to progressively transform your relationship to food and your body. You will learn and experience…
- The “four foundations” of Mindfulness Meditation
- Why (short of giving up) you can’t fail at mindfulness
- A Mindful Eating 101 guided exercise
- The fundamental causes of lasting, transformative change
- How mindfulness counteracts your inner resistance to healthy change
- How the quality and quantity of your thoughts is intimately linked to stress and eating behaviors
- How mindfulness can begin to free you from states such as boredom, desire, or anxiety that cause stress
- The difference between thinking thoughts and being mindful of thoughts
- Three techniques for being mindful of thoughts
- Guided exercise on mindfulness of thoughts
- How mindfulness of thoughts brings you new freedom of choice around food
- How mindful eating can be easily and effectively applied along with any formal diet, informal dietary approach, or personal way of eating
- How mindful eating works on the deeper forces that may lead to binge eating, emotional eating, or other eating “act outs”
- A guided body awareness exercise
- Understanding the stress reduction effects of body awareness
- How mindfulness is intimately linked to healthier food choices, predisposition to exercise, and healthy weight management
- How mindfulness begins to resolve fundamental causes of binge eating, emotional eating, and stress eating
- Why stress leads to an unhealthy relationship to food, and how the stress reduction effects of mindfulness counter the problem
- How to quickly go from stress to tranquility with mindfulness
- Four brief mindful stress reduction exercises
- How mindful eating reconnects you with your body’s innate wisdom
- “The Body Speaks” guided exercise
- How mindfulness enhances your freedom of choice to not automatically act on food desires
- Why traditional dieting rarely works in the long run – a deeper mind/body perspective
- More on the truth within the origins of the word “diet”
- How mindful eating can support you in giving up the complex and stressful rules-based dieting game, and allow you to rediscover a natural and intuitive way of eating
- The 3 primary characteristics of mindful eating
- The critical distinction between hunger and appetite
- How mindful eating leads you towards alignment between the food your body needs and the food your mind desires
- “End Stress Eating” guided exercise
- Why the “quick fix paradigm” rarely fixes anything
- How to enhance your mindfulness and reduce “emotional eating” by exploring the deeper desires underneath cravings and superficial wants
- Why the best self-discipline isn’t self-discipline
- Two attitudes that will enhance your chances for long-term success (with the Mindfulness Diet or any method)
- An intriguing method for neutralizing the “not enough time” excuse
- How mindful eating can begin to free you from the limitations of black-and-white, rules-based thinking about food
- Understanding the relationship between your emotions and your eating behaviors (whether binge eating, emotional eating, or other issues)
- Why mindfulness of emotions is preferable to management of emotions
- Mindfulness of emotions guided exercise
- The 3 mental qualities that enhance mindfulness, and how to cultivate them
- The insidious force which can make mindful eating much more challenging (and how to overcome it)
- How lovingkindness and forgiveness can work to fill the void you may try to escape through emotional eating or binge eating
- Guided lovingkindness exercise
- Basic instructions for the “complete practice” of lovingkindness
- Instructions for cultivating forgiveness
- How mindfulness works to increase your motivation to exercise regularly
- Why mindfulness may be associated with improved exercise outcomes
- Mindful walking guided exercise
- 27 ways to be mindfully active
- Why media dieting may be more helpful than food dieting, and how mindfulness can help you
- A mindful self-reflective exercise to become aware of the effects of media on your body image, weight, and self-esteem
- Specific instructions for an optional “mindful media diet”
- Why the 2 typical responses to cravings and emotional eating tend to keep us stuck in those patterns, and the “third response” of mindfulness
- How to enjoy the food you crave in mindful moderation
- Guided exercise on mindfully overcoming food cravings
- Guided exercise on mindfully reducing emotional eating
- Exercise for becoming mindfully aware of past and present influences on your eating behaviors (awareness is the first step towards freedom)
- How to overcome lagging motivation
- The 3 essential supports for increasing mindfulness in your life and eating
- A list of additional helpful resources
- How to “live” the Mindfulness Diet
What Does The Mindfulness Diet Contain?
The Mindfulness Diet is available in an “original version” (8 audio CDs and workbook) or as a “digital download version” (MP3 and PDF files). The program contains multiple audio learning and practice modules with more than 20 guided exercises to gently lead you towards a mindful way of eating and being:
- Mindful Body Scanning; Mindful Eating 101
- Mindfulness of Breathing Meditation
- Intermediate Mindful Eating Skills; Mindfulness for Overcoming Stress Eating
- Secrets of Practice and Change; Mindfully Overcoming Challenging States that Lead to Compulsive Eating
- Mindfulness of Thoughts Meditation
- Mindfulness of Emotions Meditation
- Lovingkindness Meditation
- Discovering Mindful Freedom from Cravings; Cultivating Mindful Liberation from Emotional Eating
- The Power of Mindful Exercise; Mindful Media Habits; Living the Mindfulness Diet
. . . PLUS six extensive guided exercises for further deepening your mindfulness
. . . PLUS a 90-page Workbook packed with additional information, tips, exercises, and inspiration, including:
- The two simple steps for practicing The Mindfulness Diet
- Four in-depth practice strategies
- Dozens of remedies for the most common meditation challenges
- The complete 30-point mindfulness assessment
- A basic introduction to the “psychology of mindfulness” – how does it work?
- Essential FAQs answered
- Many additional exercises
- A 20-year review of mindfulness-related research
- Glossary of essential terms
. . . PLUS bonus audio tracks with additional instruction and exercises, including:
- How to calm mind and body with concentration; a guided concentration exercise
- Guided exercise for reducing chronic or acute physical pain with mindfulness
- Understanding the two kinds of stress (positive and negative), the primary and secondary causes of stress, and two healthy approaches to stress
. . . PLUS the Mindful Eating Coach™ app (for Windows/Mac). The most powerful mindful eating app available, allowing you to create customized, personalized mindful eating sessions for short snacks or longer meals. The Coach guides you (by voice) to eat mindfully and slowly, and regularly reminds you to check in with your hunger and satiety. It also helps you to remain mindful of your body, mind, and emotions, thus freeing yourself from their effect on your eating. The Coach is like having your own personal (human) mindful eating coach at your table . . . customize it for your needs . . . every session is different!
FREE BY DONATION Digital Download (MP3 and PDF files)
The Mindfulness Diet is a comprehensive mindful eating program that also serves as a comprehensive introduction to mindfulness meditation. Programs and live courses of this depth and breadth often cost $200 to $500 or more. This digital download formerly retailed for $97. However, I am now offering The Mindfulness Diet as a free digital download in the spirit of dana (generosity), which is an essential aspect of the tradition from which mindfulness comes.
So you may download the program for free, but you may also choose to make a donation (also in the spirit of dana) before downloading. If you’re able to donate $50 or $30, or even $10, I am deeply grateful – this will allow me to continue offering the program on Google (which is probably how you got here) for those at any income level. Full Confession: this “free by donation” offer is an experiment to see if I can recoup my Google listing expenses. Therefore, your donation, however small, will help!
I’m so sure you’ll be pleased with The Mindfulness Diet that I’ll give you a 100% refund of your donation if you’re not completely satisfied. To request a refund just contact me.
You can donate with a credit card or your bank account – see “Don’t have a Paypal account?” at bottom of Paypal screen. At the end of the Paypal donation process, you will see an orange button that says “Return to Fall Awake Publishing.” Click that button to download the program.
Read more about the author (that’s me) here.
The Mindfulness Diet and Mindful Eating Coach™ app were designed to be used on Windows and Mac laptops and desktops, not on tablets or smartphones. (That said, there are apps that will download Zip files to the iPad and other tablets.)
Or, download for free.
Hard Copy (Audio CDs and Workbook): on sale for $97 + shipping (regularly $197)
To order the hard copy version, which looks like the picture at the top of this page, please contact me.